Almost 1,000 Pinnacle Foods Employees Volunteer During Third Pinnacle ACTs Week
PARSIPPANY, N.J., May 11, 2017 – Almost 1,000 Pinnacle Foods Inc. (NYSE: PF) employees are volunteering in their local work communities this week as part of the Company’s third “Pinnacle ACTs” volunteerism program. Pinnacle ACTs is short for “Action Changes Things,” and the Company’s efforts are focused on volunteering for organizations that support the basic needs of food, shelter and the environment.
Since Monday, May 8, employees from 25 Pinnacle Foods locations throughout North America have been participating in various volunteer activities at more than 80 community organizations.
“As our company has grown over the years, so has the excitement about and involvement in our volunteerism program,” said Mary Beth DeNooyer, Chief Human Resources Officer. “Now that the third year is well underway, we are thrilled to once again see the great work our employees are doing to improve their communities.”
Examples of projects Pinnacle Foods employees are taking part in this week include:
- Stocking shelves and packing meal boxes at food banks and food pantries, including the Community Food Bank in Hillside, NJ, Food Bank of the Rockies in Denver, CO and Philabundance in Philadelphia, PA.
- Cleaning up and organizing various camps, homeless shelters and senior centers throughout the U.S. including in Illinois, Minnesota, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Washington and Wisconsin.
- Building homes for people in need with Habitat for Humanity in New Jersey, Michigan and Ontario, Canada.
- Reconstructing and cleaning up rivers and trails in Boulder, CO, Camden, NJ and New Garden Township, PA.
- Preparing and serving meals at various community centers and soup kitchens including Stone Soup Kitchen in Lapeer, MI and Yvonne Richardson Center in Fayetteville, AR.
In addition to volunteering during this week, employees are holding various donation drives at their locations and Pinnacle Foods is donating thousands of pounds of food to organizations that fight hunger.
About Pinnacle Foods Inc.
Pinnacle Foods Inc. (NYSE:PF) is a leading manufacturer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products with a mission of unleashing brand potential. With annual sales in excess of $3 billion, our portfolio includes well-known brands competing in frozen, refrigerated and shelf-stable formats, such as Birds Eye, Birds Eye Voila!, Duncan Hines, Earth Balance, EVOL, gardein, Glutino, Hungry-Man, Log Cabin, Udi’s, Vlasic, and Wish-Bone, along with many others. The company is headquartered in Parsippany, NJ and has nearly 5,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada. For more information, please visit http://www.pinnaclefoods.com.