Eat a Pickle, Not a Chip!
Bender Hammerling Group
EAT A PICKLE, NOT A CHIP!
#1 Pickle Brand Offers Better-For-You Alternatives to Start the Year off Right
MOUNTAIN LAKES, NJ (July 28, 2010)—There are few things as satisfying as quenching one’s craving for crunch, one exception being if it’s a juicy crunch. As the New Year begins, Vlasic® Pickles—America’s # 1 pickle brand—shares ten reasons to put down the chip and pick up a pickle, PLUS recipes from celebrity chef Kevin Roberts that will keep you crunching all year long.
- Pickles are very low in calories, some style containing none at all
- Vlasic Pickles contain NO fat
- Pickles are a good source of dietary fiber.
- Pickles offer a unique juicy, crunchy satisfaction you can’t find anywhere else
- Pickles are actually considered a fruit!
- Pickles are a good source of protein
- Pickles are mainly comprised of one of the best ingredients of all…water!
- Pickles are a great source of Vitamin K, which supports blood health and is vital in breaking down proteins.
- Studies prove that ingesting small volumes of pickle juice relieves muscle cramps
- Pickle juice took on a mystic quality after the Philadelphia Eagles football team disclosed it was their secret weapon in a 41-14 season-opener victory over the Dallas Cowboys on a hot, humid day in Dallas in 2000.
Adding a little pickle to a dish can go a long way, and to show how, Vlasic® has teamed up with Celebrity Chef Kevin Roberts to zest up some everyday classics using a very simply set of criteria: quick, simple and tasty!.
EGG SALAD MELTS
- 1 carton eggs, hard-boiled and chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup, Vlasic® Kosher Dill pickles, chopped for mix and garnish
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 pack bagels, halved (suggested brand: Lender’s®)
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
Boil eggs until hard. Cool, de-shell and add yolk and whites to mixing bowl. Chop in bowl. Add mayonnaise, chopped pickles, salt and pepper and mix well. Toast bagel halves, add egg mixture on top, add cheese slice and bake in oven until cheese is melted.
- 2 pounds, ground Buffalo Meat *If you can’t find real buffalo meat, you can substitute with ground turkey or beef.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup, Tomato Sauce
- 4 slices Sourdough bread
- 1 jar, Vlasic® Stackers
- 4 slices cheese, use your favorite
In a large mixing bowl, mix the ground meat, egg yolks, onion, salt and pepper well. Use your hands!
Stuff mixture into a bread pan or deep baking pan. Add tomato sauce on top, spreading evenly.
Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until cooked through. When done, let cool and cut into one inch slices. Build Melt: Lay the bread slices flat, add sliced meatloaf, then pickle slices and top with cheese. Bake in toaster oven or oven until cheese is melted
For more information, additional recipes or art work, please contact Lee Makofsky at 973.744.0707 or Lee.firstname.lastname@example.org
HI-RES IMAGES AVAILABLE FOR ALL RECIPES
# # #
About Vlasic® Pickles
Vlasic® pickles—America’s favorite pickles—offer great flavor and are low in calories with no fat. Always crunchy and juicy, Vlasic pickles are available in nine key segments including Kosher Dill Spears, Bread and Butter Chips, Ovals, Sweet Gherkins, Large and Small Whole Dills, Stackers, Relish and Peppers. Look for the familiar Stork character on the jar in supermarkets near you. For more information on Vlasic pickles, log onto www.vlasic.com.
About Pinnacle Foods Group LLC
Millions of times a day in over 85% of American households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Mountain Lakes, NJ, our $2.6 billion business employs more than 4,500 people in 19 sites around North America. We are a leader in the shelf stable and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 9 out of 12 major category segments in which they compete. Our Duncan Hines Grocery Division manages brands such as Duncan Hines® baking mixes and frostings, Vlasic® pickles, peppers, and relish, Mrs. Butterworth’s® and Log Cabin® syrups, Armour® canned meats, Nalley® and Brooks® chili and chili ingredients, and Open Pit® barbecue sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division brands consist primarily of Birds Eye® vegetables, Birds Eye Steamfresh® vegetables, Birds Eye Viola!® meals, Hungry-Man® dinners and entrees, Van de Kamp’s® and Mrs. Paul’s® seafood, Lender’s® bagels, and Celeste® pizza. Our Specialty Food group manages Tim’s Cascade Snacks®, Snyder of Berlin®, and Husman®. Further information is available at www.pinnaclefoods.com.